Get AviatCare Certified!
Through the AviatCare Product Certification Program, you can be fully trained in the design, installation and support of Aviat Networks microwave and networking equipment.
Through Aviat Product certification, you will be recognized for your technical expertise on Aviat Networks products, technologies and solutions. This will make you more valuable to your customers and company.
Currently, Product Certification is offered for the Eclipse Microwave Product portfolio.
Certification in this program means that you have been trained, tested and certified on multiple engineering, deployment and operational topics of the Eclipse Microwave Platform. Certification ensures that the quality of the work you deliver conforms to the highest level of commitment and best practices that Aviat Networks promises to our customers.
Companies that have the most qualified microwave installation specialists are known to have more success than their competitors, as they are enhancing the lifetime usability and serviceability of Aviat Networks’ products for their own customers.
This product certification program is a worldwide certification program based on technical excellence of Aviat Networks’ microwave and networking technologies. You will be given rigorous instruction by Aviat Networks’ in-house instruction staff, all of whom have extensive field experience in multiple areas of microwave equipment, network design, deployment and support.
What you need to get started:
The course is intended for installation and service personnel and requires basic working knowledge of:
- Installation of microwave and networking equipment
- Configuration of microwave and networking equipment
- Test maintenance procedures for the Eclipse microwave networking platform
In addition, prospective students will need to have basic knowledge of:
- Telecom/Datacom (telephony and cellular)
- Digital transmission
- Networks (how they operate and interconnect)
- RF, microwave and RF propagation
Students also need mastery of the basics of:
- Fiber optics and multiplexing (PDH/SDH/SONET)
- LAN/WAN technologies
- Test equipment such as BERT, Power Meter, Frequency Counter
Other prerequisites include:
- Supervisory software knowledge (i.e., EMS, NMS, SNMP)
- Experience in installation methods or techniques such as power, grounding and labeling
- Familiarity with protocols such as IP/Ethernet, SNMP and the 7 layer OSI Model
Installers, operators, engineers who complete this course will be designated “AviatCare Product Certified.” With this certificate, you can have a high degree of confidence that you have had the best training and can apply our “Best Practices” for delivering Aviat Networks microwave and networking solutions.
Certification Training Curriculum
There are two courses for Certification training. Core A covers Eclipse microwave platform and ProVision EMS essentials. Core B goes further in-depth on best practices, advanced networking topics and more! Details below:
Required Courses Core A and B
- Day 1: Basic Microwave, introduction to the Eclipse Platform, portal
- Day 2: Ethernet, Eclipse RF/Circuit Provisioning and Protection Schemes
- Day 3: Eclipse Commissioning, Maintenance and Diagnostics
- Day 4: ProVision installation, deployment and managing devices
- Day 5: Best Practices Overview
- Day 6: Eclipse Carrier Ethernet Design, Operations, VLANs, QOS
- Day 7: Eclipse Carrier Ethernet OAM, Protection, Synchronization and Testing
- Day 8: Advanced Diagnostics and troubleshooting
Students should enroll in both Core A and Core B courses.
The path for Product Certification is to complete Core A and B courses, followed by taking the Certification Examination. Student must pass the Certification Examination to get AviatCare Product Certified. The Certification test can be taken on-line or at one of the world wide testing facilities. Students have up to 3 months after completing the Core courses to take the Certification Examination.
Candidates are encouraged to take the Core A and Core B courses because these cover extensive material that is necessary for Eclipse Microwave equipment installation and networking deployment. Proper knowledge and understanding of this material is tested in the Certification Examination.
Our certification classes will be held in the following Aviat Networks locations:
|Asia Pacific||Clark, Philippines|
|North America||San Antonio, Texas (TX)|
|Latin America||México D.F.|