Get AviatCare Certified!
When you are AviatCare Certified, you are ensuring that the work you deliver conforms to the highest quality of Aviat Networks' solutions and commitment to the best practices that Aviat Networks promises to its customers.
The goal of the AviatCARE EDUCATE Certification plan is to develop and nurture a community that can provide learners with ongoing guidance and learning on the latest Aviat products and related technologies.
You will receive tangible proof of your hard-earned knowledge for the installation, operations or designing and planning of Aviat Networks' microwave and IP solutions as well as related technology. And when you have documentation to prove knowledge of Aviat Networks technologies and general microwave theory and practices, you can bring more value-add to the installation, operations and designing and planning processes, which your company and customers are more likely to recognize.
The program is built upon a set of technical requirements that assure individuals and their employers that they have the proven technical competence to design and deliver Aviat Networks technologies, services and solutions to benefit customers.
The certification program is intended for installation and service personnel and requires basic working knowledge of:
- Installation of microwave and networking equipment
- Configuration of microwave and networking equipment
- Telecom/Datacom (telephony and cellular
- Digital transmission
- RF, microwave and RF propagation
- Fiber optics and multiplexing (PDH/SDH/SONET)
- LAN/WAN technologies
- Familiarity with protocols such as IP/Ethernet, SNMP and the 7 layer OSI Model
Aviat wants to ensure our learning and certification is aligned with the job functions of individuals and we have introduced multiple levels of certification that enable you to focus on the area applicable for your role. There is renewed focus on blending learning - using the latest technologies to deliver content including ELearning and mobile learning - further enabling you to get the right learning at the right pace and optimized cost.
Certification Training Curriculum
There are two courses for Certification training. Core A covers Eclipse microwave platform and ProVision EMS essentials. Core B goes further in-depth on best practices, advanced networking topics and more! Details below:
Required Courses Core A and B
- Day 1: Basic Microwave, introduction to the Eclipse Platform, portal
- Day 2: Ethernet, Eclipse RF/Circuit Provisioning and Protection Schemes
- Day 3: Eclipse Commissioning, Maintenance and Diagnostics
- Day 4: ProVision installation, deployment and managing devices
- Day 5: Best Practices Overview
- Day 6: Eclipse Carrier Ethernet Design, Operations, VLANs, QOS
- Day 7: Eclipse Carrier Ethernet OAM, Protection, Synchronization and Testing
- Day 8: Advanced Diagnostics and troubleshooting
Students should enroll in both Core A and Core B courses.
The path for Product Certification is to complete Core A and B courses, followed by taking the Certification Examination. Student must pass the Certification Examination to get AviatCare Product Certified. The Certification test can be taken on-line or at one of the world wide testing facilities. Students have up to 3 months after completing the Core courses to take the Certification Examination.
Candidates are encouraged to take the Core A and Core B courses because these cover extensive material that is necessary for Eclipse Microwave equipment installation and networking deployment. Proper knowledge and understanding of this material is tested in the Certification Examination.
Our certification classes will be held in the following Aviat Networks locations:
|North America||San Antonio, Texas (TX) (USA)|
|Europe||Hamilton, Scotland, UK, and Meudon, France|