The Aviat Networks WTM 6000 is the first All-IP trunking radio, capable of supporting up to 4 Gbit/s of aggregate data throughput. It is designed for exceptional compactness for N+1 protection configurations with up to 16 RF channels in a single sub-rack chassis. With the option to transport STM-1 in hybrid mixed-mode, the WTM 6000 is a network operator’s first choice for high trunking capacity for regional and national backbone links in place of fiber.
For the first time in a trunking platform, the WTM 6000 incorporates the latest packet transport features that have only been available in lower capacity microwave systems. These include built-in Ethernet switching, link aggregation, traffic prioritization, Quality of Service controls and Synchronous Ethernet (SyncE) capabilities. Network operators that need ultra-dependable wireless connections will subscribe to the WTM 6000 as a fiber alternative for all-IP network backbone links.
The WTM 6000 is the highest density wireless trunking solution on the market, being the first system to accommodate up to 16 radio channels in a single sub-rack, and supporting 4 Gbit/s and more of aggregate Ethernet throughput .
With integrated switching and native Ethernet/IP support, the WTM 6000 also provides optional support for STM-1 traffic, enabling operators to maintain legacy TDM services without having to use inefficient circuit emulation. The WTM 6000 is also the first trunking radio in its class to support 256QAM Adaptive Coding and Modulation (ACM) to enable operators to achieve higher link capacities with smaller antennas.
- Industry’s first long haul, high performance, trunking radio with advanced packet transport
- 4 Gbit/s or more of aggregate Ethernet throughput
- 4 to 13 GHz ITU-R long haul frequency bands
- N+1/N+0 configurations for ultra-reliable trunking networks
- Market leading rack density with 16 channels/rack , with room left for additional network equipment
- XPIC/CCDP Frequency reuse for improved channel preservation
- Hybrid Ethernet/IP and/or TDM/STM-1 operation supports legacy networks
- Ultra-reliable, scalable and upgradeable for low, controlled CapEx and OpEx
- Low-risk, cost effective migration path from TDM/SDH to Hybrid, to all-IP
- Fully supported by industry standard Provision® Network Management platform
- Full range ITU-R frequencies 4, 5, L6, U6, 7, L8, 11 and 13 GHz
- Up to 4 Gbit/s of Ethernet/IP traffic throughput
- Hybrid mixed mode transport of Gigabit Ethernet plus STM-1
- 16QAM to 256QAM Adaptive Modulation for longer paths, smaller antennas and/or increased capacity
- High (+33 dBm) Transmit output power option
- Double capacity through frequency re-use/co-channel operation with XPIC
- Up to 16 TR/rack for N+1 or N+0 & M+1 or M+0 combined ACC/ACAP/CCDP with /without SD
- STM-1 electrical, optical and Gigabit Ethernet Interface (MM, SM, electrical) available
- Unit mixture of STM-1 electrical/optical and Gigabit Ethernet interface available in same rack
- Advanced Ethernet features, including VLAN, Priority Assignment (QoS), Scheduler, Jumbo Frame, Synchronization, Port Monitoring Status, RSTP, Flow Control support
- Full-rate Gigabit interface speeds through Link Aggregation for multiple radio channel bonding.
- High MTBF design and manufacture for ultra-reliability.
- High modularity rack shelves and Innovative branching assembly allows easy system expansion by adding channels
- Low power consumption (200W for 1+1 terminal)