Starlink – Wireless Engineering
Starlink is an intuitive easy-to-use path engineering tool for estimating the multipath performance and rain availability for microwave TDM or Ethernet radio links operating from 5 to 38 GHz. To make complex calculations easier, Starlink is designed for an intuitive “What If?” approach where users can easily modify path and sites, rain-rate, calculation methods as well as radio and antenna choices.
Over 2000 Aviat Networks radios, antenna feeder systems, and protection/diversity schemes are quickly accessible. Starlink provides full color North American and Worldwide geoclimatic factors, average annual temperatures, and rain-rate regions pull-down maps.
Starlink is intended for initial path design and estimates of its performance and rain availability. It is not a substitute for a path survey and detailed engineering propagation analysis.
Starlink covers North American (T1), CEPT (E1) TDM, and Ethernet/IP transport standards, English and metric measurements.
Aviat ODU 600 is now supported in the Starlink database!
- Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- 1GB RAM or more, with 50MB of free hard disk space.
- Display resolution is 1024 x 788 or higher
- Multipath performance and rain availability predictions for 5-38 GHz hops
- Uses English or metric units for links deployed worldwide
- Full color maps for North American and Worldwide geoclimatic factors, temperature, and rain- rate regions
- Vigants-Barnett (“Vigants”) computational model with geoclimatic c-factor or ITU-R K●Q geoclimatic factors for outage, reliability and performance calculations
- ITU-R P.530-12 -based “Detail Link Design” multipath model with geoclimatic factor K accessing embedded dN1 and on-line USGS GTOPO30 terrain databases.
- Worst Month and Annual multipath outage performance calculations
- R. F. Crane rain attenuation model for millimeterwave hop availability calculations
- Full color Path or Project presentation on a Google Map display, including site locations
- Median free-space receive signal levels and fade margins calculated to within 2 dB
- Automatic update via the Internet
- Program includes two product and equipment databases: microwave radio equipment and antennas.