The Eclipse ODU 300 is a compact, high performance Radio Frequency Unit (RFU) for split-mount microwave applications in frequency bands from 6 to 38 GHz. Environmentally hardened to withstand the toughest conditions, the ODU 300 is designed for maximum reliability, portability and ease of installation.
The ODU 300 is fully transparent to the transmitted payload, supporting any type of traffic, all-IP/Ethernet, all-TDM, or hybrid mixed mode Ethernet alongside TDM. By supporting modulations from QPSK through to 256 QAM, the ODU 300 can support data throughputs up to 462 Mbit/s across any microwave link.
Network designers appreciate the flexibility derived from high transmit power and low receiver threshold performance of the ODU 300 for multiple deployment scenarios in their network - maximum system gain enables longer paths, higher capacity, smaller antennas or a combination of all three.
Designed for split mount installations in conjunction with the Eclipse Packet Node INU/INUe or the compact IDU GE3 16x indoor units, the ODU 300 mounts directly behind the antenna to eliminate waveguide connection losses. A built-in lightning arrestor further protects the unit against lightning strikes without the need for costly external devices.
The Eclipse ODU 300 is designed for maximum reliability, even in the toughest conditions. With its efficient heat dissipation, and fully sealed against the worst outdoor conditions, the ODU 300 has proven field MTBF well in excess of 100 years.
- Frequency band support all ITU-R frequency bands between 5 and 38 GHz
- High throughput up to 462 Mbit/s data in channel bandwidths from 7 to 56 MHz
- Support for fixed and adaptive modulations from QPSK to 256QAM
- Software selectable configuration for high system gain or maximum throughput
- Multiple transport options - IP/Ethernet, E1/E3, STM1 or Hybrid (mixed-mode Carrier Ethernet + TDM/STM ) in a single radio channel
- Compatible with Eclipse INU/INUe transport and IDU GE3 16x platforms, interoperates with Aviat ODU600
- Direct antenna mount using Aviat Networks Slip-Fit design to eliminate waveguide connection losses
- Deployed in 1+0 unprotected, 1+1 MHSB, 1+1 SD (Space Diversity) and 2+0 XPIC (co-channel) configurations
- Field-proven MTBF in excess of 100 years
- Frequency band support includes 5, L6, U6, 7, 8, 10.5, 11, 13, 15, 18, 23, 26, 28, 32 and 38 GHz
- Throughput Capacity: up to 462 Mbit/s Ethernet/IP, up to 100xE1 Native TDM, 2xSTM1
- Channel Bandwidths: 7, 13.5.14, 27.5/28, 40 and 55/56 MHz ,
- Modulation Options: Fixed and Adaptive - QPSK, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256 QAM
- Antenna Interface: Standard EIA rectangular waveguide
- Antenna mounting: Proprietary low-loss direct mount
- Operating Temperature range: -33° to +55° C
- INU/IDU to ODU IF cable: Maximum IF cable length 300 meters
Eclipse ODU 300
The Aviat Eclipse ODU 300 is a compact, high performance Radio Frequency Unit (RFU) for split-mount microwave applications in frequency bands from 6 to 38 GHz. Environmentally hardened to withstand the toughest conditions, the ODU300 is designed for maximum reliability, portability and ease of installation.
Record 180 km Hybrid Diversity IP Microwave Link
Link between Honduras and Belize Crosses Water and Land. By Ivan Zambrano, Senior Network Engineer, Aviat Networks.