The Aviat ODU 600 is the industry’s first universal ODU to support software-defined base and high power modes in a single ODU with Aviat’s unique Flexible Power Mode (FPM) capability. This allows operators to optimize both cost and performance, minimizing their overall total cost of ownership.
With FPM, operators can deploy a base power radio initially, and upgrade to high power (licensed-based), if and only when needed, thereby reducing initial CAPEX spending. The flexibility of having a single platform choice for multiple deployment applications across a network also provides tremendous deployment and re-deployment flexibility with reduced OPEX by minimizing inventory, sparing, training etc.
The Aviat ODU 600 delivers best-in-class output transmit power across multiple frequencies, making it a highly attractive and competitive platform that builds on Aviat’s ongoing radio innovation leadership. Increased power provides the flexibility to adjust for increased availability, throughput, and/or distance. This increase in performance also translates directly into reduced antenna sizes, thereby driving down both equipment CAPEX and the OPEX contribution related to tower leasing and maintenance.
The ODU600 is ‘over the air’ compatible with Aviat’s ODU 300hp and with the Eclipse IDU/INU platforms, providing a smooth migration and evolution path for current Aviat customers.
The Aviat ODU 600 delivers the highest transmit output power in its class of ODUs across multiple frequency bands, including:
- Broad operating frequency range: 5 - 42 GHz
- High throughput per T/R, per polarization: Up to 462 Mbit/s data
- Flexible Power Mode (FPM) for software defined base power and high power modes in the same unit
- Multiple transport options - Carrier Ethernet, PDH/SDH/SONET or Hybrid (mixed-mode Carrier Ethernet + PDH/SDH/SONET) in a single radio channel
- Over-the-air interoperable with the Eclipse ODU300hp to facilitate easy upgrade and evolution
- Compatible with Eclipse IDU and INU transport and switching platforms
- Full 256 QAM Adaptive Coding and Modulation (ACM) - 1024QAM ready
- Supports concurrent ACM (Adaptive Coding and Modulation) and XPIC (Cross Pol. Interference Cancellation) operation
- Can be deployed in 1+0 unprotected, 1+1 MHSB (Monitored Hot Standby), 1+1 SD (Space Diversity) and 2+0 XPIC configurations
- Operating frequencies 5, L6/U6, 7/8, 11, 13, 15, 18, 23, 26, 28, 32, 38 and 42 GHz
- High throughput per T/R, per polarization:
- Up to 462 Mbit/s data
- Up to 100xE1 or 2xSTM-1 (127xDS1, 2xOC3)
- Channel sizes: 7, 13.75/14, 27.5/28, 40 and 55/56 MHz (10, 20, 30, 40, 50, and 80 MHz)
- Configuration options: NP (1+0), Protected SB (1+1), Protect SB with SD, XPIC
- Flexible Power Mode: both std and high power available in the same unit, software control
- Operating Temperature Range: -33 to +55 degrees C
- Compatible with IDU GE3, RAC 60/6X/60E/6XE, and interoperates with ODU300