Eclipse IDU GE3
The Eclipse IDU GE3 16x indoor unit delivers the most advanced features for hybrid and all-IP wireless backhaul right to the cell-site, in a super-compact, space-saving package that includes 256QAM Adaptive Modulation, high port density, packet-synchronization options, advanced QoS and Ethernet OAM.
This “smarter, faster, smaller” solution, for hybrid backhaul such as 4G/LTE wireless backhaul alongside 2G/3G legacy deployments, simplifies the seamless migration to all-IP networks. The indoor unit packs advanced network intelligence and transmission features into a smaller footprint than ever before, while delivering more than 460 Mbit/s capacity for backhaul transport. For its size, the IDU GE3 16x super-compact ½ U rack height chassis can be installed where there are space challenges, such as curbside or roof top cabinets.
The IDU GE3 16x simplifies the seamless migration to all-IP, where up to 16x E1s or DS1s can be commissioned, alongside six ports of Fast or Gigabit Ethernet traffic, in non-protected, Monitored Hot Standby and Space Diversity protected configurations.
The IDU GE3 16x supports QPSK to 256 QAM Adaptive Coding and Modulation (ACM), and allows selection of operation for either maximum system gain or maximum data throughput. These choices give maximum flexibility to path designers for utilizing smaller antennas or longer paths, both supporting lowering CapEx and OpEx for network operators.
- Hybrid transport options- all- Ethernet/IP, native mixed-mode TDM + Ethernet in a single radio channel
- High throughput supports 4G/LTE backhaul, up to 462 Mbit/s data
- Full 256QAM Adaptive Coding and Modulation (ACM), for up to 4x increase in spectrum efficiency
- Carrier Class Ethernet networking through an integrated Layer 2 Ethernet switch: VLAN support, QoS traffic priority assignments, VLAN support, packet synchronization
- Compact size (1/2 RU) and very low power consumption
- High density Ethernet interface capability with 6x Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Fully protected traffic ports: Electrical and optical Ethernet, and electrical E1/DS1 interfaces
- Embedded Strong Security, featuring Payload Encryption, Secure Management and RADIUS client support
- Throughput Capacity: up to 462 Mbit/s Ethernet/IP, up to 16xE1/DS1 Native TDM
- Modulation Options
- Fixed: QPSK, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256 QAM
- Adaptive: QPSK, 16, 64, 256 QAM
- High port density with 6 Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) and 16x E1/DS1 ports
- Latest Carrier-Ethernet features: VLAN, advanced QoS, traffic priority assignments, Ethernet OAM
- Packet Synchronization options - SyncE, transparent support for IEEE 1588v2 and Eclipse Distributed Sync (ES)
Eclipse IDU GE3 (ETSI)
Ultra Compact Indoor Unit
The Aviat Networks Eclipse IDU GE3 16x indoor unit delivers the latest wireless backhaul technology designed for next generation 4G/LTE backhaul needs, in a compact space-saving package.
Eclipse IDU GE3 (ANSI)
Ultra Compact Indoor Unit
The Aviat Networks Eclipse™ IDU GE3 16x indoor unit delivers the latest wireless backhaul technology designed for next generation 4G/LTE backhaul needs, in a compact space-saving package.