The E-Link 1000Q 70/80 GHz (E band) radio for Ethernet transport is Aviat Networks’ newest point-to-point platform for short distance and ultra-high capacity mobile and public networking applications. E band microwave radios are complementary to conventional microwave and are a cost effective alternative to fiber cabling. The E-Link 1000Q is a field-proven solution for secure and robust Gigabit Ethernet transport, with link budget performance unmatched in the 70-80 GHz millimeter wave radio category.
The E-link 1000Q (for QPSK modulation) is the ideal platform for high capacity, Ethernet over microwave transport for link distances over several kilometers. Over short distances, these radios are an excellent alternative to more costly fiber interconnect, addressing a variety of Ethernet-centric applications, such as 4G/LTE/WiMAX backhaul, small cell or pico cell interconnect, and private/public networking. The E-Link 1000Q has the highest available link budget on the market to deliver exceptionally reliable broadband services to mobile, government and businesses users with superior quality and interference-free performance.
Network operators will find the E-Link 1000Q radios attractive for the rollout of 4G/LTE Ethernet-centric applications because of its low latency (<5uS) performance for multimedia applications and light-licensing support to enable rapid deployment. This is particularly important to operators introducing greenfield network buildouts or looking to complement their current microwave network deployments.
The E-Link 1000Q delivers the smallest form factor, lightest weight and lowest power consumption in its class to minimize OPEX. It features a compact lightweight footprint for less visual impact in sensitive locations, and less wind loading for simplified installation on pole-mounts or bracket deployments. With its Power over Ethernet (PoE) connection for data and management, cables are reduced for simplified installation that can be completed in hours instead of days.
Applications for the E-Link 1000Q radio:
- 4G/LTE/WiMAX backhaul
- Small cell/pico cell backhaul
- Local Area Network (LAN) backbone extension between buildings, campuses
- Metro Area Network (MAN) - Combine with fiber and microwave radios to form hybrid networks
- Redundant access/network diversity - Supports temporary and disaster recovery connection
- Fiber alternative - connect to fiber backbone for extension, backup, disaster recovery
- Full duplex GigE all the time – up to 1 Gbps Gigabit Ethernet transport
- Industry leading performance – highest link budget on the market allows for longer transmission distances and more robust link performance than competitive alternatives
- Typical link distances exceeds 2mi/3km for 99.99% availability
- Low latency for multi-media applications (<5us)
- Robust path performance with QPSK modulation for extended path or improved system gain performance
- Light-licensing supports rapid deployment and avoids regulatory delays
- Interference-free, highly secure data communications
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) on management port, simplifying install to just two cables for data and power/management
- Single, all-outdoor architecture, quick to install and maintain
- Rapid Field replaceable unit with direct slip-fit antenna supports multiple network configurations (Point-to-Point, Mesh or Ring, Repeater)
The E-Link 1000Q Gigabit Ethernet radio is the world’s highest performance 70/80 GHz QPSK radio for Ethernet transport. Aviat Network’s advanced millimeter technology combines outstanding transmit output power, superior receiver sensitivity and reliable data throughput to provide full duplex, Gigabit Ethernet speeds for high capacity mobile and public networking applications.